Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2011, 04:12 PM   #1
Forum Member

Hello from AL

My last Pentax purchase was in 1976. After many years of using my beloved K1000 I switched to digital by taking the Canon S1 and Rebel route. Those cameras have been given away and I am glad to see the name PENTAX back on my camera by just purchasing an X90.

I thought I was getting into a simpler camera than the Canons but whew...this little camera has so many variables/settings etc. I am going to try to find my favorites and stick with them.

One thing I've found is that the powerful zoom needs a tripod even though anti shake is part of the camera's features. Even though anti shake is on it still wiggles like crazy in the viewfinder although the taken photo will be fairly still if used in daylight.

So here I go with my all purpose, covers most bases new camera. B&H has discontinued them for either lack of stock or that the camera is about to go to a new model. So, I got it really cheap at another site for maybe the same reason but I think it is advanced enough to be useful for years even though it does not have the feel of a heavy duty camera (oh I miss that K1000 feel, that was one durable camera that is still fine today).

So hope to hold some discussion on "how to" etc. First thing I need to know is how to get an email if someone replied to my thread.

ejb from the deep south

02-14-2011, 04:46 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy the X90.
02-15-2011, 05:12 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ejbpesca Quote
First thing I need to know is how to get an email if someone replied to my thread.

ejb from the deep south
Welcome, mate. Sounds like you're having fun with your new camera. Show us some pics when you feel ready.
Replies to threads will appear in the place you start them. So, for example, if you were to post a question about the K1000 in the Pentax Film SLR forum, that's where you'd go to see if anyone has replied (and chances are they will - this is a very active site and people are very friendly).