Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2011, 06:15 PM   #1
Inactive Account

New

Hi,
I just registered on Saturday, so all of this is new to me and I really do not understand how all this works. All I wanted to do was ask someone in the marketplace about a lens that was for sale.
If someone has some helpful info to get me started that would be great.
Thanks
Tom

02-14-2011, 06:34 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
As a fairly new member myself, I'd suggested keeping track of the posts in the beginners forum if you have questions about how to use your camera.

Since you were looking at lenses, you may be more of an expert than me. If not, I've found some of these links useful:

Ron Bigelow Photography Articles
Camera tutorials and workshops by DSLR Tips
The Luminous Landscape Tutorials contents
Photography Articles - PentaxForums.com
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photography-articles/115942-beginners-art...enclature.html
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photography-articles/23232-learning-basic...echniques.html
Basic Photography Techniques - Photographic Composition, Center of interest, Subject placement, Simplicity, Viewpoint and camera angle, Balance.

People seem to be pretty friendly around here, I just try and use the search before posting new threads. Think the long time posters might get annoyed at answering the same questions over and over and over .... (like how do I get to iso 100 on my K-x )
02-14-2011, 06:40 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hi,
I have been doing photography for 35+ years been the Canon, Nikon, Olympus routes and even had a Pentax 6x7 which I loved. I like the newer Pentax digital camera's because of the high ISO they offer that Olympus just can't seem to reach. The only thing that I don't see with Pentax is the higher quality of good lens that other companies seem to have.
Tom
02-14-2011, 07:02 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mackie Quote
The only thing that I don't see with Pentax is the higher quality of good lens that other companies seem to have.
Tom
Try the FA Limited, DA Limited or DA* series of lenses.

02-14-2011, 07:49 PM   #5
mlb
Forum Member

Welcome, mackie! I'm new here as well.

In the Marketplace forum, there should be a Contact Seller link on the right side that you can click to send a message to the seller.