Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2011, 10:23 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hello All

While doing some research on a new telephoto for my new K-7 I happened on this site and after spending many hours reading review and such I realized I need to join the site.

I am not new to Pentax. In 1965 while in my last year of a BSc I got a student loan to buy my first SLR - a Pentax 1a I think. And for 46 years I've been a Pentax user. In 05 I got a istD and love the digital world. I had wanted a K-7 for some time and after the K-5 was announcement the K-7 have been avalable for a good price.

I have to thank all those who have posted the reviews of the lens's. I'm upgrading to the weather resistant lens and have ordered the 55-300 based on the reviews . I hope to pick up a DA* 300 to expand my interest in Birds photography.

I'm retired from a carreer in Computer Management at various locations in Canada. I now live near Vancouver on the west coast of Canada.

My wife and I enjoy travel and we are planning to visit South America via a Holland America Cruise.

Dave

02-15-2011, 11:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome! I'm still waiting to get my K7, currently have the Kx. This forum has been a great help to me everything photography. There is useful information all over it so be sure to take some time and explore as much as you can. Enjoy!
02-16-2011, 05:56 PM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dpeppar Quote
I have to thank all those who have posted the reviews of the lens's. I'm upgrading to the weather resistant lens and have ordered the 55-300 based on the reviews .
The 55-300 is a good lens but it's not WR - unless they just came out with it.