Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2011, 12:06 PM   #1

Greetings from Chile

Hello, I'm Rodrigo from Santiago (Chile) and I'm new into the DSLR's world. After a long research I did, I've just felt in love with the Pentax system. I just got my first DSLR camera a month ago, so I'm still reading the manual and trying to learn as much as I can.

You've got a very good forum, I'm really happy to be here.

Sincerely yours,
Rodrigo

02-16-2011, 12:35 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Hi there Rodrigo, and welcome to the Forum.
There's lots of good advice here, if you're careful. You've chosen a good system to start your DSLR experience, and you'll generally find what you want to enhance it, here, as your confidence grows.
Good luck, and take lots of photos - that's the beauty of digital, the ability to learn quickly from your own efforts.
Rob
02-17-2011, 06:29 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you very much for your kind words Rob! Comming Just from the "point and shoot world" all I can say is "wow"!!

All the best,
Rodrigo
02-20-2011, 10:24 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rodrigofabian Quote
Thank you very much for your kind words Rob! Comming Just from the "point and shoot world" all I can say is "wow"!!

All the best,
Rodrigo
I constantly say that, myself, even though I've used Pentax DSLRs right from the start, with the *istD. I'm putting together my first photobook at the moment, and I'm constantly struck by the way some of my lenses can produce stunningly good images, even when blown up to the limit in PhotoShop.

So, point and shoot your DSLR as much as you can - life's too short to take bad photos!

Cheers
Rob

02-20-2011, 10:37 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hola Rodrigo! I came to visit your country last May. It is a beautiful countryside. I hope to be coming back soon.
02-20-2011, 10:40 PM   #6

Hello!

Welcome to the Forum!
02-21-2011, 05:03 AM   #7

Original Poster
Thank you very much for all you kind comments.

@Rob I must to agree, life it's too short. Last weekend I was trying to take some test photos full manual with the 135mm & the 50mm...What a wonderful experience!

@Greg, next time in town please let me know. One of the good things here it's the countryside (the cities, well...there are just cities), there's a lot of semi-virgin and virgin places as well. I think Antartica, Easter Island, Atacama's desert and Valdivia's Black forest are a must imho.

@Thank you very much Nanda, so kind of you!

Have a great week!
Rod
« Hi to all | Hello »