Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2011, 01:02 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I am Paul

had a kodak easy share for a long time. it has the same general shape as a dslr so i was fooled way back when. but i have grown tired of being so limited and have finally been able to bump up to the next level.

got my hands on a K20 the other day and i have been waiting for my lens to come in. the anticipation is killer!

ive been prowling these forums for a few days and i feel i have made the right decision.

Hello everyone, my name is Paul, im happy to be here, cant wait to get started.

02-17-2011, 01:05 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Paul.
The K20D is a fine reliable and robust camera. All the best in your choice of lens and enjoy the forum.
02-17-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by PaulfromTexas Quote
had a kodak easy share for a long time. it has the same general shape as a dslr so i was fooled way back when. but i have grown tired of being so limited and have finally been able to bump up to the next level.

got my hands on a K20 the other day and i have been waiting for my lens to come in. the anticipation is killer!

ive been prowling these forums for a few days and i feel i have made the right decision.

Hello everyone, my name is Paul, im happy to be here, cant wait to get started.
Hi Paul,
Welcome. Hope you enjoy your K20, will be looking forward to seeing some Texan views views from you.
What lens are you getting? I might caution you that lens buying (like reading the "Pentaxforums") can become addictive.
02-17-2011, 02:37 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, good camera choice, enjoy.

02-17-2011, 05:55 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
i just bought the kit lens. the camera was body only where i got it. id reaalllly love to get a wide angle lens tho. i love taking pictures of buildings and landscapes, and people when im feeling up to it (on the street).
02-17-2011, 07:27 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Paul,

I would caution you not to read the following thread if you don't want to lust after a $500 wide angle lens

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/86234-15mm-lim...s-my-mind.html

where in texas are you? I'm in the metroplex...
02-17-2011, 09:04 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by acrollet Quote
Hi Paul,

I would caution you not to read the following thread if you don't want to lust after a $500 wide angle lens

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/86234-15mm-lim...s-my-mind.html

where in texas are you? I'm in the metroplex...

Or this one.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/69162-pentax-d...-0-praise.html

02-17-2011, 09:59 PM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
@ acrollet

Lubbock. Lived in the armpit of texas known as Seguin for most of my life, but now im back in the west plains where i was born.

both of those lenses sound great. i always knew there were a bunch of different lenses, but im starting to realize the amount of different lenses out there is almost overwhelming.
02-17-2011, 10:55 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Welcome Paul.

I too am new here.