Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2011, 05:58 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Big Gun. Little Experience.

G'day guys/gals

I Jumped in the deep-end this year. I elected to go DSLR.
I have been making do with a errr... "camera" (Sony V530 digital compact ) up till this year. And after a few months of deliberation I found myself walking from a shop with a Pentax K-7 tucked under one arm and 2 sigma kit lenses (18-55 & 55-200) under the other. My word, The K-7 is a very fine investment.

Need less to say I am filled with regret. After less than a month I have concluded that kit lenses are terrible and just dont utilize the k-7's potential. I am as a result already scraping together some money (Reads: Looking for stuff to sell ) for the very pretty SMC Pentax-FA* 80-200mm F2.8 ED [IF] or the Sigma APO EX 70-200mm f/2.8.

As I believe they are both excellent lenses, perfect for my intended use of photographing snow sports when Australia's winter finally comes back.

Anyway, looking forward to getting involved in the forum.

-Scott

02-18-2011, 09:00 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome! The marketplace here will be a great place to start to look for "new to you" lenses and the reviews section can give you good info before you purchase. There is also much more information about Pentax/Photography all over this forum so be sure to take some time and explore. Enjoy!
02-18-2011, 09:26 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Cheers KxBlaze, the lense review section was the reason I came across the forum! and I agree there is much more information than I could possibly process with out some significant amounts of time!