Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2011, 08:45 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Greetings from Munich

Hi!

Once I took Photos with my SLR Pentax ME super. And now, many years later, I discovered that Pentax offers new competitive digital SLRs that may satisfy my requirements - including using my old Pentax lenses and filters. Not much gear but I always liked it. To get more information about the current pentax situation and especially the Pentax K5, I looked for an internet forum and found this inspiring one. The discussions cover most of the topics I'm interested in and they are really enriching and exciting - thank you!

Right now I'm involved with the following topics:

- Information and discussion about the Pentax K5 to make the decision Pentax K5 vs. Canon 60D / 7D (I own a Canon EOS100 with Lenses EF 28-80mm 3,5-5.6, EF 70-210mm 3,5-4,5, Speedlite 430EZ and Canon Powershot G10 + Speedlite 270EX).
- Using Pentax M-Lenses SMC 50mm 1:1.7, SMC 28mm 1:2.8 and Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm 1:2.8-4.0 with Pentax K5.
- Getting good photos by considering artwork, camera including fitting gear and digital darkroom with its opportunities (I'm very impressed by the book "From Camera to Computer" by George Barr).
- Getting good presentations (fine art printing, slide shows, photo books, internet sites, movies, ) based on good photos.

Today I'm using the non-DSLR Canon Powershot G10 and Aperture 3 as RAW-Converter and for image processing, getting different presentations and organizing the hole stuff.

Kind regards, acoufap

02-19-2011, 11:23 AM   #2
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi acoufap,
I did the same research. These are all good cameras, but the k-5 came out on top for me because,
1. 60D is plastic
2. 7D bigger and heavier
3. K-5 got great reviews,
4. the in-body stabilization and WR (it rains in Vancouver), and
5. it just feels better in my hand.
I'm loving it,
Arnie
02-19-2011, 12:39 PM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good to have you here acoufap.
The K-5 is a good choice for everyone in the non-FF marketplace. Hope you enjoy the forum as you do your photography.
02-20-2011, 10:22 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thank you for your fast feedback! I also read some tests and reviews and afterwards my thoughts were the same as yours. After I held all of these cameras in my hand, I think that from the ergonomic point of view all of them would be great. Image quality, high ISO capabilities with little noise and little loss of texture seem to argue for the K5. So I'll wait for spring and hope that the stains problem completely will disappear until then. Acoufap

« Hi! | ciao a tutti »