Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2011, 09:18 PM   #1

Hellooo Pentax!!!

Okay, my first leap to the world of digital slr and I've gotta say, I'm a bit hesitant (just a little bit). I've come from a family of nikon users and I'm the first to try out Pentax. In fact, I've narrowed my choices down to the Pentax K-r and Nikon D5000. So, why Pentax? Just to try out something different for a change. Simple as that.

And the fact that it comes in different colors did NOT make a difference.

I ordered a white K-r and I'll be receiving it later this day. I am dying to get my hands on it. Literally.

As for the reason in registering in this forum is simply because of the "newbie" that I am. I'm hoping to learn from experienced users like you guys to help me out with my new toy. Thanks in advance to those helpful threads!

And partially to point out to my friends that they shouldn't have overlooked Pentax! Yea, here comes the underdog!!

02-21-2011, 10:08 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum, you will find lots of very friendly people here. Take time to get to know your camera. Give yourself some assignment like: a photo shoot of some local landmark. Be determined that you will capture images that are unusual, bold, interesting. Plan for the best time of day for interesting light. Make multiple trips. You'll find great art all around you. Be patient. Post those pictures so we can take joy in your images.

Good luck with your new camera,

Jim
02-21-2011, 11:19 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Pentax Forums! Here's a friendly little warning: If you very much value your wallet/bank account, then stay far away from the lens forums! That is all.

Other than that, enjoy your stay here and happy shooting!

P.S. I, too, was brought into the Pentax fold with a non-black camera (my navy blue K-X!).
02-24-2011, 01:45 AM   #4

Original Poster
@buckeye Jim: Thanks for the warm greeting. I've taken your advise and made a point to find that 'perfect' lighting throughout the day. It made a huge difference, thanks! It's my first time handling a digital slr on my own without having to rely on my cousins for specific settings. I am loving my K-r!

@mamba909: Hahaha, pardon me. I found your 'friendly little warning' hilarious!! I'll be sure to keep that in mind. Speaking of, I'm interested in purchasing some lens myself. Now off to research! And oh, thank you for welcoming me. Yeah, non-black cameras are sweet!!

02-25-2011, 04:15 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery
yay for underdogs!
02-25-2011, 09:14 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum! Have fun with the new kit.
02-27-2011, 05:44 PM   #7

I am a Pentax-km user,though it's a old model but obsolate, I like the camera and ready to share my photographs on Pentax-day. good wishes for all Pentax users.
Feroz, Bangladesh.
02-27-2011, 11:38 PM   #8

Original Poster
@r_duff: Fist bump!! :P

@kbrede: Thank you for the welcome!!

@feroz: For me, it doesn't really matter if it's an old model. It depends on the photographer himself! Hope to see your photographs soon! And thanks for the welcome.

02-28-2011, 09:07 AM   #9

setting date in Pentax km

I fall in problem with ' date adjustment'. I adjusted the date and many times but after some days it always tells 01/01/2008. When I look in Propertiesof photograph, intially it gives correct date, but it changes. I am frustrated. Suggestion solicited.