Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2011, 03:36 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Removed by poster

Should not have whined in public.

Last edited by Presidente; 02-26-2011 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Should not have whined in public.
02-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm not sure what you're referring to, but isn't posting what you joined for?
02-26-2011, 03:59 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Not really. Never done a forum before. Was interested in trying to locate a buyer for my K-7 which I am selling in order to get a K-5, but can't post unless I donate. I have no idea if this is effective use of the $20 or if I would be better served to use by a local newspaper ad. No way to know if the forum Marketplace works or not.
02-26-2011, 04:24 PM   #4
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

A look at the Marketplace Archives should answer your questions as to whether the marketplace works or not. If your local paper will reach a world wide audience for the same $10.00 that we ask for, then that would certainly be a reasonable alternative.

02-26-2011, 04:36 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Great idea, but could not find an "Archives" menu, just a statistics page that seemed to convey lots of satisfaction, but nothing that was user friendly for beong able to tell what has sold, what the price range was, length of time posted before action. . . Maybe I am just expecting something that is more straight-forward. And I don't know how many times I have to make entries (and what qualifies as a post) before i can send someone a message.
02-26-2011, 04:48 PM   #6
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, that makes 3 posts so you can now send messages, but you will need to donate $10.00 or more to be able to list your camera for sale.

Toward the bottom of the main index page, right below "Photographic Equipment for sale" and Wanted Items" is "Marketplace Archives" with a "Sold Items" sub-forum.

Last edited by Parallax; 02-26-2011 at 05:00 PM.
02-26-2011, 05:14 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Presidente, please bear in mind that no-one is forcing you to do this, your doing it because you wish to gain.

02-26-2011, 05:25 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Presidente Quote
Not really. Never done a forum before. Was interested in trying to locate a buyer for my K-7 which I am selling in order to get a K-5, but can't post unless I donate. I have no idea if this is effective use of the $20 or if I would be better served to use by a local newspaper ad. No way to know if the forum Marketplace works or not.

to be honest mate..Id never buy from a seller in the ,market place with only two or three forum posts. and a joining date thats very recent ..unless a respected member can vouch for the seller....

while on that Topic...the forum market place should be more controlled and not let people with no forum history donate a $20 bill to sell their wares...not saying the OP is shonky...but it does beg the question !!
02-26-2011, 05:48 PM   #9
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Shonky? Geez you Brits talk funny. Speak English.
02-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Shonky? Geez you Brits talk funny. Speak English.

LOL

sorry mate...perhaps Dodgy..will do...or deceitful......

mind you i though half the world have watched either "Minder" or "Dell Boy?"..

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IBgk05iL3Y[/YT]
02-26-2011, 06:28 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tommot1965 Quote
to be honest mate..Id never buy from a seller in the ,market place with only two or three forum posts. and a joining date thats very recent ..unless a respected member can vouch for the seller....

while on that Topic...the forum market place should be more controlled and not let people with no forum history donate a $20 bill to sell their wares...not saying the OP is shonky...but it does beg the question !!
That's something to consider, if readership is suspect of a new member who offers things for sale. Perhaps there is a more' that one should not sell right away, or that one should not trust a newby.
02-26-2011, 08:06 PM   #12
Veteran Member

not everyone is the same as me mate..but thats the way I do things online..same with Ebay..if a seller has no feedback..I wont buy from them either...not a reflection on you mate , rather me! and my suspicious nature
02-27-2011, 11:41 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tommot1965 Quote
not everyone is the same as me mate..but thats the way I do things online..same with Ebay..if a seller has no feedback..I wont buy from them either...not a reflection on you mate , rather me! and my suspicious nature
I understand, now that I notice you're from Australia. I'd probably feel suspicious too if I had to walk around upside down all day ;-}
02-27-2011, 11:48 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Hey Jim, not advisable to call a true Aussie a Brit. That don't go down well with real dinky di Aussies down under.

Strewth, mate, the Poms (Brits) and us Aussie have a really friendly rivalry.

02-27-2011, 11:53 AM   #15
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Yeah, but if I remember right from another thread, Steve is actually British. (Of course I have been known to get confused)