Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-27-2011, 09:18 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Just in time for World Pentax Day

Hi All. I just got a Pentax K-r. I only have the stock 18-55mm lens, though, so the degree of exciting pix I can post is minimal. This is my first DSLR; I shot with a Minolta XG-M back in the day (got lots of rock & roll pix published - primarily Grateful Dead and other San Francisco bands) so have a bunch of useless MD/SR lenses...thus I wasn't limited by backwards lens compatibility! (though I see that some on this board have the intestinal fortitude to replace the mounts! I just may try that. What have I got to lose?)

I've been using the crappy P&S cameras for the last decade and finally got fed up when I tried to take some shots at a concert a couple weeks ago. So Pentax won the low light performance vs. cost competition so here I am. Looking forward to becoming a more active member here over time, but I just need to learn to use this puppy.

Flickr: zot0's Photostream

Mike

02-27-2011, 10:45 AM   #2
Millionth Poster!

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard. digital is great in the sense you can learn by shooting and not have to pay for the developing. So start shooting and learn how to use the K-r. Looking forward to seeing the results
02-27-2011, 02:44 PM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum, as I said in an earlier thread today, just keeping traveling around the World Eastwards, as it makes Pentax Day longer.
02-05-2012, 03:36 AM   #4

Welcome and let us correct your first mistake - never underestimate the quality you can get out of the 18-55 kit zoom. As you explore the many pages of this august unorganisation, find the kit lens group and prepare to be amazed at the photographs you find there. Keep trying, keep learning and don't forget the first rule of photography - enjoy it!