Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-27-2011, 11:30 PM   #1

New here....

Hello! I am new to the forum. I am so pleased that I found you!!!

I started out with a Pentax K1000. I mostly shot B&W. We had to pack up all my darkroom equipment when we started homeschooling.

My husband bought me the Pentax K-x for Christmas last year. I have been slowly working on understanding all the bells and whistles my camera has. I love my Pentax!!

We live in Northern VA. It's great being this close to D.C. not only for photographic opportunities but free field trips.

I am a stay at home, home schooling mother to 3 teenagers. 1 girl and 2 boys.

I have enjoyed gleaning from all of the posts here. Spending 2 days reading here taught me more than what I got from my manual.

02-28-2011, 04:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome! This forum has definitely taught me more than any other single book/manual/website. There is useful information all over it so be sure to take some time and explore as much as you can. Enjoy!
02-28-2011, 04:13 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard and hope we can be useful to you.

And not for nothing, since you are home schooling, can't you have a science/art program as part of your curriculum that requires the use of a darkroom? Basic photochemistry is a great study in many of the aspects of chemical reactions, etc., especially if you get into the science of toning prints!

Enjoy!
02-28-2011, 04:21 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, least with digital cameras Photoshop replaces darkroom.

03-01-2011, 10:30 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
WARNING: This forum may be free, but it WILL cost you money.

Welcome!
03-02-2011, 08:30 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigDave Quote
Welcome aboard and hope we can be useful to you.

And not for nothing, since you are home schooling, can't you have a science/art program as part of your curriculum that requires the use of a darkroom? Basic photochemistry is a great study in many of the aspects of chemical reactions, etc., especially if you get into the science of toning prints!

Enjoy!
Yes...absolutely! At the time though the kids were only 6,7 and 8. We needed the room I was using for the set up. My husband has promised me...that he is going to fix me up as soon as he finished the library.... He has good intentions.

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
WARNING: This forum may be free, but it WILL cost you money.

Welcome!
I can see that now....I have all ready made an extensive wish list....