Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2007, 03:59 PM   #1
Inactive Account

New Brisbane, Qld, Australia User

Just joined. I've posted a bit already.

Um, that's about it. I'm more a reactionary guy, so just writing stuff here, unbidden, isn't my thing.

Look out for me in the rest of the forums.

Well, ok, a little. Pentax user for only 3 years, first camera was an *istDS that a mate's GF managed to kill. Don't ask how, I don't know. I'd have been mildly impressed to see her actually kill a Pentax, were I not utterly incensed.

I shoot street mostly, as it's simply and convenient, and if HCB can pull it off I've got no problem. I do paid work shooting some local bands, occasionally. Current workhorse is a K100D, 7800-odd images captured in about the last year, so the counter tells me.

Right now, after Tim Page made me give back his G2, I'm shooting my old ME. It came with a f1.7 A 50mm; I bought it from an old gentleman for 30 Australia Pesos, or about $27US (Thank you, Dubya).

I've got a K1000 with black wire rot. I ripped off a guy for it, as the mongrel had to gall to cheat at a timed game of Scrabble by dragging his feet whenever it was his move. Came with a bunch of lenses.

I've got a K2 that cost me $90, came with a 135mm 3.5 mint, in a case, and a 50mm f1.4 M lens, mint.

There's a Lubitel I call Dmitri around. He's...not that great.

Other than that. Yeah. Hi from Newmarket, Brisbane. Anyone want to sell me a 50mm AF?

Last edited by pjv; 08-11-2017 at 03:55 AM. Reason: remove swearing
10-18-2007, 05:42 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Interesting intro. Welcome and I am sure you will enjoy your time here