Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2011, 07:55 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hello from Margarita Island

Well, I am not very good at writing, however, Here I am!

This hobby started letīs say seriously , about 3 years ago, when I knew from a neighbour she was taking a photography course. The quest was then to find a camera. Here, we have actually a control exchange. DSRLīs cameras are horribly expensive, So I spent almost a year looking for something affordable. One day, while at Hope Depot, I was passing infronnt of a Panafot shop...and there she was!, She just got my attention in a click: a Tiny, attractive Compact Pentax Optio M50 that besides, was on sale since here everybody craves for either Nikon or Cannon or, at the end Olympus... Me? I felt in love with mine, and from there we started a journey that can count a first prize at one of our local Universities when I took a picture of an old lady in a Rancheria (fishermen Village). Anyway, here I am. Everyday I learn somethinng new. The only rrermark I have is that my Pentax does not perform 100% in the evenings, but who carres. I simply love it!

03-01-2011, 09:05 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome! If you will consider a used Kx (can be had for under $400) you will find that camera does extremely well in the evenings. One of the strongest features of the Kx is the high ISO performance. Enjoy!
03-01-2011, 04:47 PM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum, I stopped off briefly on your beautiful island for a day (cruise ship) and had a private car with driver for the day to take us around. Beautiful beaches, mountains you have it all.
03-02-2011, 06:54 AM   #4

Original Poster
Hello Kerrowdown, thanks for your kind comment!
Yes, I can say we have all for doing good shots, the only thing is to get organized between the job and the hobby... My goal is to make a living of photography (I know there are too many good photographers in the world)... in the meantime, I have a long way to run! :-)[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/MERCADEO/CONFIG%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/MERCADEO/CONFIG%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]

03-02-2011, 06:59 AM   #5

Original Poster
Hi KX Blaze!

In fact I am starting to consider this option. I have seen several combos via internet, And I have been told that Pentax is about to release soething in between a compact and a DSRL... around mid year... so we will see. in the meantime I am gathering the funds...
:-)!!!