Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-19-2007, 05:31 PM   #1

Newbie From Manila Philippines

Hi Guys,

Glad to join you here.

Photography has been a very rewarding hobby for me and I think Pentax is one of the best cameras out there. I use my for available light photography and you guys won't believe it but I use it for Lomography, I'm talking about my Pentax ME.

Cheers!!

10-19-2007, 06:01 PM   #2
Inactive Account

HI Marlou, welcome to the Pentax Forum, you will meet lots of nice people in this forum who are willing to share. As I understand , there is a growing number of Pentax shooters( about 60 ) there that go out occasionally for photo shoot.

Cheers,

Rene
10-20-2007, 04:59 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome Marlou
10-20-2007, 06:50 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by OPTMEKX& Quote
HI Marlou, welcome to the Pentax Forum, you will meet lots of nice people in this forum who are willing to share. As I understand , there is a growing number of Pentax shooters( about 60 ) there that go out occasionally for photo shoot.

Cheers,

Rene
Rene,

Thank you for your warm welcome

I must say I enjoy Photography so much and I regret not going back into photography all these years.

I started out when I was in grade school.

I bought a Kodak C-126 Instamatic camera loaded with 24 shots of B&W film for our field trip at the Manila Zoo.

I have fond memories of that camera.

With that camera I got a picture with my sister and my dog who I miss so much.

After that it was only when I was already in High School I got a hold of a Hanimex C-110 pocket camera.

A classmate of mine introduced me to 35mm SLR photography.

But since I can't afford one it just remained something I set aside.

I was already working for an IBM subsidiary company in my province when I was able to borrow for a year a Konica Manual 35 mm SLR.

I had fun with that camera though I did not have much of a clue about the dynamics of F stops and shutter speeds.

I just followed the red dots on the camera and was able to take satisfactory pictures.

After that, feb 2007 I bought a digital point and shoot camera.

But there's something about photography which allured me to SLRs.

It's just this year 2007 July that I was able to acquire a Sigma SA5 complete with 5 lenses brand new from a local store here in Manila.

Then I bought a Nikon N65 and just last month I was able to buy a new old stock Pentax ME gathering dust in a store room from a dealer here in Manila.

I bought a Pentax because I know its a good camera and I'm now using it for Lomography with a few attachments to bring out the desireable results for Lomography.

I also use it for available light photography because I have a 50 mm f1.4 SMC lens.

I also intend to use it for B&W photography to come up with Platinum print outs.

Its a fun adventure for me so far.

The reason why I went back to photography is because it came to the point that I was so good in Photoshop that there was something lacking.

I had to become the author of the photos I render to become an artist.

Best regards to all.

Marl

10-20-2007, 06:53 AM   #5

Original Poster
JC,

Thanks!

I plan to migrate to Canada someday.

I think would have lots of fun there indulging in photography.

Marl
10-20-2007, 08:52 AM   #6

Photos: Gallery
welcome.

i was just in manila in june with a trip to boracay and palawan.
10-20-2007, 09:24 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ricosuave Quote
welcome.

i was just in manila in june with a trip to boracay and palawan.

Cool

And I bet you brought your Pentax with you?

What model do you have?

Are you also into Lomography?