Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2011, 08:28 PM   #1

Hello Everyone, From Wood-Ridge, New Jersey * USA

Hello everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Angelo and I reside in New Jersey. My Photography skills started back with the Kodak Instamatics and shortley after that I purchased my first SLR, A Miranda. I used that till I read an ad on the Pentax Super Programed, and that started me on my Pentax path. I held out for the longest time with that great Film camera till I made the jump to Digital buying the Pentax istd. Shooting often from family events and various outdoor photo's I needed to upgrade. I traded in my istd and purchased the new K-5 this week. I was overwhelmed with the manual and started searching the internet for information and thats what brought me to find Pentax Forums... The site looks great, should have found it sooner.

03-05-2011, 11:45 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Angelo!

I'm new here also, and still a bit lost with all of the info, etc. found here, but I'm learning.

Congrats on that new K-5!
03-06-2011, 08:50 AM   #3

Original Poster
Hello Bob, Thanks.. I'm so lost I haven't taken the K-5 out of the box... With today's rain, I have to excuse not to... How did you list your Pentax " Proud Owner " sign in your message ?
03-09-2011, 01:58 PM   #4
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi, and welcome, Angelo. Yeah, the manual is confusing at first, especially to those of us who haven't had a DSLR before. If I was to do it again, I would
1. make sure I have everything on p 18,
2. follow instructions pp 48-68 so it is ready to use,
3. leave it on "P" and shoot some pics, then
4. go back and read the other stuff which confused me.
We have great continuing ed courses at our schools and community centres, and the one I took made me explore and learn a lot about the other settings.
Now all I have to do is take a lot more pics.
Happy shooting!

03-10-2011, 02:16 AM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, trick is to get it out the box and start taking pictures, a lot of the stuff will then become clear, for the rest RTFM. (read the flipping manual)
03-11-2011, 08:56 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for this tips, I'll keep in touch with the progress