Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2011, 08:24 AM   #1

Hello Fellow Pentaxian's!

Hello form Instow, North Devon - UK a beautiful (IMHO) part of the world - you may like to find out more by Welcome to the Instow website.

I have just returned to photography (had Pentax film cameras in the distance past K1000/ME Super) and after a few years with a 'Bridge' type (Lumix FZ30) which for what it is, is a very good 'all in one' - but I felt the urge to return to SLR and expand my usage and after many hours trawling all the reviews for Canon and Nikon (sorry to swear!!) finally made the decision to come back to Pentax (K5) - way better than the aforementioned equivalents if not a little more expensive - I already believe it was the best one for me (after only two weeks) I have not extensively tested it but just the feel and results so far give me great pleasure already.
I found this site during my review hunting, and I think it's great, have looked at the review section on lenses and this has helped me greatly I hope I can contribute to this forum in the coming months/years.
Thanks for now

03-07-2011, 01:51 PM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, from the website Instow looks an interesting place, I'm looking forward to seeing some K5 images of the place.
03-09-2011, 05:38 PM   #3
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi, and welcome, Pete. I'd love to see some shots of the dunes near your place. Happy shooting.
03-10-2011, 01:46 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thans for the welcome Arn - I will certainly post some shots in an around Instow as soon as I can - I notice you are from Vancouver - Great city been there a few time and the Island, reminds me of a mini New Zealand especially around Tofino. Cheers