Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-07-2011, 07:23 PM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hi from New Pentax User in MN

Hello everyone, I'm an artist who is a new Pentax K-r owner in Minnesota. I've finally graduated to DSLR and I've been reading this forum for almost 3 weeks now. It's the reason I chose Pentax (along with all the other great reviews).

I just got my K-r late last week and am experimenting a lot. Normally I would photograph artwork outside but we still have a lot of snow and winter left out there so I'm trying indoor shots.

To me this camera is very complicated but I will hopefully master it eventually, thanks to these forums and a book I'm waiting for and lots of practice. I hope this forum has a bit of a tolerance for beginner's "stupid questions". I will try not to bother people with too many of them.

03-07-2011, 08:29 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum! Ask as many questions as you feel need answered because it is the only way you'll learn. Remember, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!
03-07-2011, 08:35 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome here and hope you have a good experience with your K-r.
Enjoy your time here and your photography.
03-07-2011, 10:47 PM   #4
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi and welcome. This forum has been a great learning tool for me so, I figure all of the questions must help others. The next best help for me was a class I signed up for where all of us (all makes of cameras) had to try out all the features - modes, AWB, Ev compensation, etc.

03-09-2011, 08:50 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks! I'm loving the camera so far. You're right, the questions & answers here have helped me quite a bit already. I could probably use a class but reading everything I can find online really helps too... practice should solve any problems that crop up.