Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2011, 03:42 PM   #1

Greets from Finland

Hello to everyone!

I've been reading this forum for some time, and I've also been obsessing about a DSLR since the K-x came out. I haven't used a SLR since -92 or -93, so it's been a while I wanted a Pentax mainly for the compatibility of older lenses. I've also seen a Pentaxes around the house during my youth as my father has had different Pentax cameras through the years.

I finally bought a K-r last week so that I could get back in to an old hobby and maybe get a few quality shots of my newborn daughter. Seems though that the older 3,4 year old daughter rushes in to all of my shots I've also bought a couple of old Tamron Adaptall lenses to refresh the manual side of photography. My father has some Adaptalls and a PKA-mount for his old Pentax P30n SLR, so now I've started playing around with this stuff. It sure is a lot of fun!

My mrs was also very interested in learning to shoot some pics with a SLR, but was afraid to use my new shiny K-r. After some extensive digging around on the internet I found a slightly used K2000 body in a photo shop not too far away, so now we got 2 Pentax DSLR's in the house

The biggest problem from now on seems to be holding my finger off from all of those lovely "buy it now" buttons on eBay. One can also spend countless hours researching lenses and other gear on the internet. I think I've already got quite a few evil eyes from the mrs, but I think I'll just have to point her out in the right direction and I won't be the only one smurfing the net

I've read lots of useful info from here already, so thanks to everyone who has been contributing. I hope that I'll also manage to throw in something useful somewhere down the road.

Mark

03-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you on board. Sounds like you picked up that dreaded "Photography" disease which is very easily caught and is very contagious and your whole family will get it. Prepare to send money as that is the only cure!!
« beginner | Hello! »