Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2007, 05:50 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello from Illinois

Hey my name is Krystal I live in Illinois. I am 22 just started a photogrpahy school and looking to soak up some of everyone's knowledge to help me be a better photographer. I also just recently got a job in a photography studio. I hope to find where my area of talent will be and so have my own business. I actually do not have a pentax yet but after going to the camera store and looking a millions I was sold on the pentax k10d but maybe the pentax k100d super I guess everyone on here can help me with that... and my budget!!

10-21-2007, 06:12 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Hi Krystal!

Welcome to the forum... You'll find out quickly that the Pentax line can be a solid, price- comparable option. Of course, any type of photography can become very expensive!

There are very talented and knowledgeable people here, and generally it's a very friendly forum.

EDIT: I noticed your location - perhaps you know Chris W.?

Cheers,
Marc
10-21-2007, 08:18 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Hey, I'm from Rockford, and work in a camera store here in town... You been the Camera Craft? If so ask for Chris cause thats me and I'll be more than happy to help you out.
10-23-2007, 01:50 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Hi Krystal,
I'm Art from Tennessee. I have been into photography for about 40 years now and still love it, although I find that the transition to digital is both rewarding and challenging. I own two K10D cameras, so that I have one as a backup! I would recommend not going with anything less than the K10D, if you are serious about your work, as the price of the K10D has come down to a point where it is a real bargain and has a performance edge over the 6MP. models. Of course the K100 Super is also a great camera, but you might just end up wanting a little more in features and file size the long run. If I can be of any help, feel free to contact me. Enjoy your photography! It is a great hobby and profession! I think that your finding a job in a photography studio is a great way to learn valuable technique!
Art