Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-13-2011, 06:07 AM   #1

Hi from Klamath Falls Oregon

Hi there,

I am new to Pentax..I mean really new. I will be purchasing a k-5 camera from B&H today. Didnt know I would get Kudos by going through your site until just getting on the forum. Though they do offer the best price. I am stoked that I will have an opportunity to use some of the older lenses. My husband has a really old SLR camera of 20 years with some lenses and getting a camera will give me an opportunity to use his older lenses.

At the moment I have an old 8.0 meg Canon and I thought it was time to upgrade to a better camera. After reviewing all the cameras out there and reading the reviews and great info on this forum, I decided Pentax will meet all my needs. Thanks folks for all the great information here!

All my friends keep telling me to stay with the mainstream Nikon and Canon, but after all the reviews and comparisons I have been reading online, I think that the other camera companies have met their match with Pentax.

I am an enthusiast who has been taking photos for 4 years. Klamath is considered the Pacific Northwest Bird migratory byway, so we lots of bird and wildlife. With the K5, I am sure I'll actually be able to take better bird shots with the 7fps.

I love forums and communities...I hope to get involved in the forum...and of course...use you all for a resource!

Aurelia Ann

03-13-2011, 07:30 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forums and look forward to seeing some pictures from the northwest.