Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-13-2011, 09:07 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello world.......
I got a K-x with the standard lense and a pentax 50-200 telephoto lense that has reciept and is only two months old. It also has all the original stuff and box and CDs... I paid $400 for it and drove an hour total. I also bought an 8 GB memory card to go with it from Best Buy but that was seperate. What kind of deal did I get on the camera and lense as I am new to this?

03-13-2011, 09:21 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Welcome to Pentax Forums. Seems to me you got a good deal
I know you will love to K-x. Was my main body until the K-5.
Low light is incredible. Examples on the lava flow Hawaii thread.
The K-x will give you clean photos where most canikons won't
Enjoy your new camera
03-13-2011, 09:44 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi Welcome to the forums!
Images I've seen from the K-x would seem to suggest you made a very good decision. When I was researching for my K-5 I was quite impressed with the K-x's low light/higher ISO image quality especially for the price of the K-x. But like all DSLR's the kit lenses (18-55 and 50-200) are of decent quality, but almost every lens you will probably purchase after those two will be an improvement in optics. But everything has its price

I've seen a K-x for $450(CAD.. thats like $455 USD ) used for 6 months with both kit lenses. I was considering it for a second body.. the only thing holding me back is that I'm not fond of it only using AA batteries.
03-13-2011, 10:07 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Ya I wish it had a lthium battery as well like the K-r but I was going to get a T2i but everything but the video was better for the K-x in picture ability and thats why I have a camera and not a camcorder! And for so much less retail I thought it was a no brainer!!! Just a little research although not the lense selection but for a part timer like me pentax will probably more than ever take care of me!

03-13-2011, 11:02 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ccevans2828 Quote
Ya I wish it had a lthium battery as well like the K-r but I was going to get a T2i but everything but the video was better for the K-x in picture ability and thats why I have a camera and not a camcorder! And for so much less retail I thought it was a no brainer!!! Just a little research although not the lense selection but for a part timer like me pentax will probably more than ever take care of me!
Well that lens selection depends on what adapter you want to throw on it. There are LOTS of screw mount lenses dating back into the 60's (maybe earlier??). Sure some of them are junk compared to todays builds, BUT there are definitely diamonds in the rough to be found, usually at a decent price (other than the A* series like the 135 f1.8 I want..)