Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Personal Introduction and comment

Hello
In way of introduction I go by Windjammergh and am new to both Pentax camera DSLR K-X equipment and to product forms. So this is an exciting opportunity to be a member of Pentax owners and photographic peers.

After doing reasonable amount of research I choose to purchase a K-x camera. I own a P&S camera, however even tho new to digital equipment soon realized a DSLR was essential if I was going to pursue Photography seriously. I have used a film SLR for several years and still shoot film on occasion, however digital media is so much more interesting especially since one can take a multitude of photos with immediate feedback and edit the results if neccessary. Much more room for creativity than film

From previewing this website, there appears to be a wealth of info to assist in improving ones skills and knowledge of equipment and techique. Plus one can also ask quetions which is an added benefit!

So hello to everyone glad to be aboard

03-14-2011, 03:35 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome and glad to have you on board. Please enjoy your stay.
03-14-2011, 03:37 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome!
03-15-2011, 06:35 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for the acknowledgement Would like to visit Aussieland at some point. Especially during the Australia Tennis Open master series Lots of Professional Tennis photo oportunities

03-15-2011, 06:52 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hello Finland Thanks for the welcome International website quite impressive. I live in Southern California and still marvel at the Internets accessability. Perhaps we could exchange photos of our local neighborhoods sometime. Would be interested in seeing all that european architectual charm missing in most of Southern Cal. However there is some great coastline beaches Regards
03-16-2011, 09:45 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It seems there is quite an international bunch of us indeed . As for trading pictures I suppose I should really bother with getting out (literally ) with the camera more, at least this time of year it gets kind of uncomfy. As it happens, I was in CA (a bit more to the north, Mt. View ) in 94-97, pretty scenic at towards the coast; I understand southern CA is even nicer in that there is no ocean current or somesuch to make the immediate vicinity of the coastline kind of chilly (provides natural AC in the summer though ).
03-16-2011, 12:10 PM   #7

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello and welcome! I have been shooting with the kx for the past year and have found it to be quite an amazing little camera. I look forward to reading some posts from you and seeing some great kx images!
03-17-2011, 01:53 AM   #8
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and to Pentax.