Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2011, 11:19 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
A belated introduction from Philly

I just posted 2 photos for World Pentax Day so I figured it was time to say hello. When the navy K-X came out last year, I knew it would be a perfect mate for the manual 50mm f1.4 lens that had been sitting in my grandmother's cedar chest for nearly 30 years. As a professional in advertising, my grandfather always shot with Pentax so I like the connection that using his old glass brings. While I'm still a bit clumsy with manual focus, when I capture something cleanly with the 50, the results can be stunning (Aperture helps too).
I've poached plenty of advise from the friendly boards here and now I look forward to adding my 2 cents to the Pentax conversation.

03-15-2011, 06:51 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! I went for the black K-x, and most of the time I've got my old M50 or Takumar 105 on it. It is really fun to get to know the camera and old lenses. Enjoy the forums