Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2011, 03:16 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Hi.

So....

Been shooting Pentax since the ESII was the hot ticket. I still have every Pentax I have ever owned except my 6x7, my 110, my K1000 and my M500/f4.5. I only parted with those because I was offered soooo much for them. There are times I regret that, and then again....

My newest Pentax is a K7. I have been looking at the K5 with great interest, but have not succumbed yet. I have no doubt there is a K5 in my future somewhere.

I shoot mainly wildlife and off-road dirt bike racing. Both of which I have earned money at. Enough to pay for my hobby anyway. Currently not working (my choice, or so it goes) I have given some thought to increasing my income from photography.

My active kit bag includes the following:

K7
K10D
*istD

FA* 600/f4
F* 300/f4.5
A* 200/f4
FA* 80-200/f2.8
FA* 24/f2
K 50/1.4 (don’t dis this lens. I love this lens….)

Tamron 300/2.8
Tokina ATX-Pro 26-70/f2.8
Tokina 17/f3.5

AF540FTZ (for use with the *istD)
AF360FGZ

A load of other stuff including 3 Manfrotto tripods with Arca Swiss ball heads, Seconic flash and Adorama spot light meters, compass, Stroboframe and Manfrotto flash brackets, remotes, reflectors, cables, adapters, and minutia of every sort…

There are many, many other M42, and K series cameras (including my Spotmatics, ESII, LX, PZ20, PZ1, Z1-p, lenses, lenses and lenses, accessories, stuff….way too much to go into…) and more stuff on the photofinishing side. Yeah, okay, I have no trouble buying stuff. It’s the selling that I have no clue about.

My area of expertise is in computers, which followed a career in electronics, which followed academia, which followed degrees in physics and maths, which followed an attempt at theology, which followed a childhood in Ireland, Africa and Canada, where I still reside.

I am old(ish) and enjoy riding off-road dirt bikes with my son and occasionally playing trombone with on band or another. Married with kids (older kids). Live (way) north of Toronto. Still dabble in electronics where I am learning about the programming of CPLDs, FPGAs and microcontrollers based on PIC and ARM.

That's about it.

Last edited by BillO; 03-15-2011 at 03:23 PM. Reason: error
03-15-2011, 03:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome!
03-15-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, with all that kit it sounds like you could be keeping us right.
03-17-2011, 01:23 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum!
You've got some gorgeous glass, wow.
You did some very nice shots action shots of your son on his bike, well done.

It is great that your photography pays for your hobby. I wish I could claim that I earned at least some cents towards a new lens, but no, so far no extra income. Not too annoyed about it because photography is just a fun hobby for me. Still, wouldn't refuse a donation if someone offered it to me.

03-18-2011, 08:17 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome all.

Last edited by BillO; 03-18-2011 at 08:28 AM.
03-18-2011, 08:37 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, thats some nice kit you have. I wish mine was paying for gear that nice (it's paid for most of mine, mines just not as nice)
looking forward to your participation, and good luck with going pro, I've considered it a few times myself
03-24-2011, 05:34 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
It's a nice kit for sure. I've been lucky, especially in getting the 600/f4 and the 200/f4 macro. Now that's a story. I just hope Pentax continue to support it.

Well, of course they will. Dont' know what made me say that!