Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2011, 08:27 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Hello from Sydney , Australia.

Just become a Pentax K-5 owner whom from ex-pentax k-x owner whom from Pentax Me-Super owner !

Many Thanks for people of Pentaxforums help me to own Pentax K-5 instead of Nikon's.

03-17-2011, 08:29 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Tom!

I did the same(K-x to K-5) and couldn't be happier, enjoy your new toy!
03-17-2011, 08:44 PM   #3

Welcome pTom,

I am another who went from K-x to K-5. Like Eric I couldn't be happier with it. An excellent camera.

Hope to see you on one of our meet-up days.

Peter
03-17-2011, 11:19 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum.
It has a very welcoming community ready to help.

You have laid your hands on a very fine camera indeed.

03-18-2011, 12:14 AM   #5
Veteran Member

And I will second that!

And a very warm welcome. We Aussies are going to be able to pull off a coup on the Forums, with the numbers we have
03-20-2011, 06:33 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
G'day Aussies and all "Pentaxers"

I thought it could be more greetings if there are more Pentax dealers in Australia , not only the monopoly of C.R.Kenedy with very expensive price . Last week I saw it around AUD 2000 at Paxton shop !!!

I couldn't wait for this great machine from CRK so I bought one from eBay (Taiwan) for around AUD 1350 (body) .

I think this is the right camera which I had been waiting for long from K10D. I intended to buy K20D , but something prevented my mind !

Do you know that last year I shot my relative wedding with Pentax K-x and Pentax Zoom 50-300mm lens while holding Canon HV20 for shooting video at Sydney Opera House ? There was another semi photographer used new Canon 500D . I intended to use photos for video only but the better quality photos from Pentax K-x beat all photos from Canon 500D which was more expensive than K-x at that time thus these photos were enlarged to use in that wedding show and their wedding album

My family like K-x very much but I was still not happy with it when shooting children playing . Now it's time for Pentax K-5 to help me express my feelings.

HI elpolo , nice to meet you - the senior
Hi Peter, you still love K-x or sold it ? it's phenomenon , isn't it ? I didn't think sigma lens was very good ! You corrected me
Hi Scott, I shocked to see Meow and Mouse ? Still wondering if it's true ? I Love it !
HI Bruce, I dont think we could be a coup if more CRK or right prices for pentax guns . Your K10D still produces nice macro shots ! It's WOW

Cheers

Last edited by pTom; 03-20-2011 at 07:41 PM.
03-20-2011, 08:36 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Welcome to Pentax community, there is a big Aussie contingent here. But not anywhere as big as US, which makes it difficult to buy on ebay. Even the inventor of the term LBA is a Sydneysider.
At the moment theres a good deal going on a powerful Sigma flash for your K-5/K-x, Sigma 530ST for only $99 from Digital Camera Warehouse Australia - Discount Digital Cameras shipped Australia Wide - Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney I hope you can take advantage of it.

03-20-2011, 08:38 PM   #8
Forum Member

Wow!!! I think my journey will be like yours!!! I just got a Pentax Kr and a K10D. I am barely learning how to take pictures but I really love it and, soon, I hope to move up to a K5. Enjoy the forum and post some pictures soon!
03-21-2011, 05:04 PM   #9
Forum Member

Original Poster
<deleted>
sorry for double quote , the page refreshes too late !

Last edited by pTom; 03-21-2011 at 05:30 PM.
03-21-2011, 05:29 PM   #10
Forum Member

Original Poster
hi selar
thanks for the tip , it's very cheap , but too late , I already got Metz 48AF1. BTW, I got K-x from DCW too when the model just came in with cheapest price in Australia. But it was funny thing that the salesman wanted to sell Canon 500D . But he couldn't cheat me . He almost forgot me while I insisted for K-x. I didn't care hime too and just asked for the invoice, paid and gone quickly. Maybe he got bigger commission from Canon than from Pentax.

hi greenberg, if K-r makes you enough happy then stay with her until you feel something missing. I still wonder whether to sell K-x or not because handling K-x (older sister of K-r ) is much easier than holding K-5 . I just did some shots and see some photos from K-x are brighter than K-5 with prime len DA 35mm f2.4 !!
03-21-2011, 05:43 PM   #11
Forum Member

Thanks, PTom! I really love the K r since it is small and it is not heavy. However, I bought the K10D because I travel to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico all the time, and the K10 is sealed. You are right in telling me to wait but, in the meantime, I have got a heavy case of lens buying fever!
Have fun with the camera and enjoy the forum!
03-21-2011, 10:00 PM   #12
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi, and welcome to the forum. I missed a K-x to K-5 transition, but I love the K-5! Sounds like you've got a homegrown Aus support team there. Enjoy.
03-22-2011, 03:24 PM   #13
Forum Member

Original Poster
Hi ALL

@greenberg , "heavy case of lens" - means a treasure for a lot of amateurs or hobbyist I have only a 30-year-old pentax 200mm f4. Together with my Pentax Me Super , it produced a lot not-bad portraits .

@Arn, when comparing 2 model k-7 and K-x together , I was surprised with K-x more than K-7 . Supposed that K-x and K-5 were born together , I should been sured to pick K-5 , no need to waste money and time for transition