Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2011, 10:05 PM   #1

New here and I need help

Hey Everyone im new here and i really need help.
My mom just got a Pentax K-X DSLR camera and we have an old 35mm SLR pentax camera and we were wanting to use some of the lenses from that one on the new one, but it wont work. I was reading that we might need an adapter, im not sure what kind we may need or where the best place to get one would be. Im going to put up pics of the lens because im not sure what kind it is. if some one could help me with this it would be awesome!!!

Attached Images

03-19-2011, 12:49 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, mooseychick. Congratulations on the K-x. It is an excellent camera. I've never owned an ME so I'm not qualified to comment on that body, however, I believe it is a K-mount which means you may not need an adapter to fit the old lens on a K-x. But I suggest posting your questions in the beginners QA forum. You will get far more responses from other members with ME experience. I have a K-x and to use old manual lenses, you will need to set the aperture ring to "permitted"...refer to pages 280 and 284 of the K-x manual....welcome again!

Last edited by K57XR; 03-19-2011 at 12:56 AM.
03-19-2011, 02:08 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, indeed.

If the lenses fit the ME, then they'll also fit the K-x - just make sure they've clicked home when you mount them.

Lenses of that age are bound to be manual focus and they'll also be the earlier type of K-mount, so you'll need to change a setting on your camera, to allow the shutter to fire without the aperture information (which the later lenses provide through an arc of contacts on the flange of the mount). I'm not sure what part of the menu system you'll find that on (I don't have a K-x, myself, and it's in different places on the three Pentax DSLRs I have) but your camera handbook should tell you.
03-19-2011, 03:37 AM   #4
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome mooseychick.
Indeed the lens should fit just fine.
Ensure the camera is set to accept lenses with non-A settings (see your custom menu listings for this particular setting).
Enjoy the forum and your fine little K-x.