Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-19-2011, 01:15 AM   #1
Inactive Account

K-x user from Toowoomba, Australia

Hello everyone,

I'm fairly new to digital SLRs although I still have an old film SLR - Yaschica TL Electro-X.

I've had the K-x for almost a year now and I still haven't explored many of its features.

Over the past few months I haven't taken too many photos although the opportunity to record a lot of personal tragedy was there. Toowoomba and the surrounding area was hit by devastating floods which claimed many lives. I considered it poor taste to record people's misery.

Besides photography, my other main interest is motorcycling so many of my shots are of motorcycles, riders, events and road racing.

I look forward to learning more about digital photography and I've already picked up several tips from the forum. Thank you

Bill

03-19-2011, 01:49 AM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Egad!
Another Toowoomban!
Never thought I'd see the day!
Well mate, welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy your time online.
For your interest, there are a few threads posted here (one by me) on the events that unfolded on and after the 10th of Jan with images and videos of the natural disaster.
Look forward to seeing your contributions here Bill.
03-19-2011, 05:00 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome.
To elaborate on the poor taste remark, I actually live in Gowrie Junction so even though I did go 'into town' to help with the clean up, I didn't take the camera.
Son #2 was in Murphys Creek when the flood hit and he was almost washed away. Lucky the car he jumped onto held fast. Son #1 actually made the news, standing in chest deep water stopping his Land Cruiser from floating away. Daughter lives at Coalbank and was stranded for a week.
I do have photos of local area flooding. Thankfully the was no major damage or lives lost here.
Again thanks for the welcome and I hope I can become part of the community.
Cheers
Bill
03-19-2011, 08:22 AM   #4
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Egad!
Another Toowoomban!
I was thinking the same thing!

tease1