Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2011, 12:10 AM   #1

Shortsighted SP500 User

Over the last few months I have put together a good collection of Spotmatic gear - I hope. The camera is an SP500, the original lens was a 50mm f2 but i managed to get hold of a clean 5omm f1.4, I also aquired a 28mm, a 100mm and a 200mm lens for it, all Pentax and fairly clean.

The reason I got back into film was because I became disinchanted with my DSLR. Now I have a collection of German, Russian, Japanese and even a couple of Czech TLRs. This Camera business is addictive.

I have taken some rolls of B&W and some colour at a family wedding. Maybe I am just getting used to the microprism focusing but a lot of the shots had the trees a few feet behind my subjects in focus. The subjects (people) were just a little bit out.

My girl friend said "diopter". Which on looking up the Pentax catalogue for the era was called a 'correction lens adapter'. Has anybody got one of these. Or can I make one and fit it into the metal eyepiece that has a flash shoe adapter incorporated.

Maybe I am being a little'shortsighted'! Sorry about pun.
Maybe I need to practice, maybe I need to use a smaller aperture.

Anyway I'm interested in your feedback from some long standing Pentax lovers.

MT

03-21-2011, 06:34 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll get the answers if you post your questions in the Pentax Beginners Corner.
03-21-2011, 06:40 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They still offer them, but i'm not sure the current ones will fit an sp500 (i had one for my K7 until something knocked the glass in my bag, now i'm waiting on another.)
older used ones are few and far between
the only other alternative is wearing your glasses for shooting (a nice large rubber eye-cup would help for this preventing damage o your glasses - like the hoodman ones some of which may fir you'll need to take the camera into the shop to test them

Check with Pentax's parts department for a diopter that's where i got mine
03-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #4
Veteran Member

To expand on my reply to eddie1960 in the Marketplace:

If I wore glasses still (thank the deity for cataract surgery), I would seriously think about obtaining an eye cup/frame for the camera of your choice, take it to your local Optician and have properly prescribed lens cut and installed in the eye cup. A pair of glasses is pretty cheap these days in those one hour labs and the process is no different for the technician. This was suggested to me by the Optometrist that I had my prescription glasses made, back in my high school days, but the cost back then was too much for a student to handle.

Thanks,

03-21-2011, 12:18 PM   #5
Veteran Member

for the OP depending on what your prescription is there are 2 x -3 and 1 x -2 dioptors that will fit your camera in the market place I believe
03-21-2011, 12:26 PM   #6
Veteran Member

here is the posting if it helps

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photographic-equipment-sale/137483-sale-s...worldwide.html

If not, you may as suggested grab one of these and have the optometrist fit your prescription