Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2011, 09:30 PM   #1

Hello to everyone

Ok, here it goes....

Hi guys and gals, i'm Philippe, i'm from the north shores of Quebec, a city called Sept-iles (Seven islands).

I'm new to the Pentax world, just switched over from the Sony/minolta platform. I could say because of the glass, but the alpha mount world has some great glass too and image stabilisation inside the camera body so they were pretty "on par".

What finally made me switch was the lack of cameras with the "this is a serious camera" attitude... so when i started searching for a replacement for my Sony A100 all i could find from Sony were bodys full of gadgets like tilt screens when i dont even like "live view", and what seems like camcorders "but if you want to, they can take pictures too" inside a camera body.

Sure there is always the A700, but that is over 4 years old and "if" found new, would cost me a little less then a pentax K-5. ('cause i found a few)

And by then i had already read the great reviews the K-5 had been getting, and i discovered Pentax.. a company a had forgotten about since like 1995...

So here we are...

Looking forward to a lot of reading... i dont usually post in forums,but hey, who knows, i might have something to say someday

On that note, take care
-Phil

03-21-2011, 10:09 PM   #2
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour, and welcome, Phillipe. I too checked out Sony and the others before getting my K-5. Simply love it! You can check both the Lens Reviews and the Marketplace for options for lenses, especially if you want to try some older manuals - I got a good deal on my Takumar 85.
Enjoy!
Pentax Reviews - Pentax Lens Reviews & Pentax Lens Database
The Pentax Marketplace | Sell Pentax | Photographic Equipment for Sale - PentaxForums.com