Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2011, 02:10 AM   #1

Hello and introduction from Canberra Australia

Hello all,
I live in Canberra the capital city of Australia. It is a beautiful city in a beautiful country and both provide lots of photography opportunities. Refer to my attached photo of Parliment House, Canberra.
Name:  wO10pfinger34Parliament House.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  150.3 KB
I love to garden, have a keen interest in nature and love to travel, currently planning a trip to Scotland this year. Thus I never have a shortage of subjects.

I received my first Pentax SLR a K1000 SE for my 21st Birthday present. (My parents asked the question do you want a diamond ring or SLR, I didn't hesitate with my answer.) This was a great learning camera as there where no short cuts or p mode. I have stuck to the Pentax brand and now have a Pentax 20D with a 18 to 250 zoom.

Why Pentax, it is made for the user, not the hype. Mine go with me everywhere and while I look after them they invariably get bumped, the occasional rain shower and they keep going and going.

Emu (Pamela).

03-24-2011, 02:57 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you on board. I suppose living in Canberra and loving gardening you'd grow a lot of tropical plants with all that hot air coming out of Parliament House it would have the same effect as a giant greenhouse!
03-24-2011, 03:55 AM   #3
Emu

Original Poster
Remember though we only have four of them the rest go home and leave us alone most of the year ;-)

We actually get frosts and occasional snow. But I do manage to grow some of your lovely Kangaroo paws.

As you have both the K5 and K20D what do you use each of them for? Other than video is there any substantial difference?

Emu
03-24-2011, 06:27 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your visit to my country later in the year.