Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2011, 06:06 PM   #1

Hi from Sydney Australia

Hi Folks,

I'm a recent DSLR convert who has had some reasonable bridge camera's over the years. My favourite was the Samsung Pro 815, a truly remarkable camera. My particular bent is landscape photography, as I travel a lot (mainly in the outback on various car rallys etc) and I love to paddle my fishing kayak wherever and whenever I can.

I have been absolutely blown away by the beauty and serenity out there, and can't seem to stay away for very long at all. So much so that I'm now planning a two week trek into the heart of Australia this September with some buddies to photograph Lake Eyre in flood. I can't wait.

My weapon of choice is a K20D, not the latest model I know, but a very capable unit none the less. I've since invested in quite a few different lenses most of which I bought from Pawn Brokers or Opp shops very cheaply. I reckon that's one of the best things about Pentax DSLR's apart from their weather sealing which comes in very handy when travelling in those remote dusty environments.

Anyway, that's all for now I'll be back.

03-27-2011, 06:18 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
G'day mate.
Welcome here.
The K20D is a fine machine - does the job quite nicely, as did so for me for over 2 years.
Enjoy the centre of Aus.
03-29-2011, 06:13 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
G'day my neighbour

Hope you see your landscape soon.

See you around here
03-29-2011, 11:06 PM   #4
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi, and welcome to the forum. Yeah, you gotta love all those old lenses. Looking forward to seeing those outback photos.