Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2011, 11:50 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hi! My old Pentax, Africa and Safaris

Hi to all!

I want to introduce my self as new forum member. My name is Victor de la Torre Sans, I am Spanish and I live in Kenya since 2007 and in Africa since 1999.

I started using a second hand Pentax Spotmatic in 1991 that I bought at a famous shop in Belgium called Champion. It was great for my amateur use until it started to failed around 2002. The I bought a new one but it lasted a few months only because it got stolen in Spain. At that time I moved to Congo were processing slides was not done so i drop my Pentax all together.

I left unattended a nice bag with the old Pentax and its 49mm, a 200 mm, 500mm, macro all Takumar and 135 mm Makinon, and a 28 mm Helios. Fungus took over and during temporary enchantment with digital storage. The other day i looked at my old photos and I realized how much better there are than my digital ones. I did not bought a reflex but a compact and I abused automatic shooting for its simplicity. What an error, I did lots of mediocre photos and I have been under-utilizing the camera (a FujifilmPix S1000).

When a new friend, film director and director of photography, saw my lenses he told me there were still ok, except the 49mm and 28 mm and he cleaned them. The he told me Pansonic Lumix had made new reflex body will fit them and I bought it immediately. It got to my home last 25 March 2011 and I am ready to start using it and recuperate my old M42 screw lenses. I just realized I need an adapter ring ... if anybody read this and knows which one is the bets please let me know.

I hope to expand my equipment buying second hand lenses and accessories and to make use of the amazing scenery I live in to take fine images, while making good portraits of my young family.

I am working in development in Africa but my wife is Kenyan and my kids East African. I am solid safari organizer too and I love to give good advice and to share my knowledge in any field.

I will be posting questions, and images too. Cheers,

victor

03-30-2011, 02:43 PM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Bienvenido, Victor! Post pictures when you can. I now have the K-r and a K10D and I used to have the Panasonic G1. I love old lenses and I am glad you were able to salvage yours, I have been buying a lot of second-hand lenses and hope to try them soon and decide which ones I want to keep. Hasta pronto y pon fotos para ver a tu familia!