Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-29-2011, 05:21 AM   #1

Greeting from China

Hi there! I am Bob posting from Beijing at this nice warm spring evening. It's my first message sent in this forum and hopefully more to come.
Got my first pentax dslr, the k7 a few months before and got two lens soon later. In just 4 days ago when first batch of K5 silver arrives China, i wondered why not having this lovely creature for my spare lens. They are basically same size, same kind of operation, same battery same charger, not to mention buying more japanese products will help its economy recovery from recent northeast earthquake.
And primary purpose being in this forum is to show photos that pentax lens witnessed...

Last edited by ybcnd; 03-29-2011 at 11:19 PM.
03-29-2011, 05:44 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome! Yes, I think buying a K-5 is the right thing to do ;~) In addition to supporting Japan in it's crisis, you will be very pleased as well.
03-29-2011, 07:31 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Hey Bob, welcome. I'm in Beijing as well. I also just got my K-5 2 weeks ago from Wukesong.
03-29-2011, 12:47 PM   #4
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi, Bob. Welcome to the forum. I know my K-5 is a great camera; now if I can get the photographer to improve!

03-29-2011, 02:17 PM   #5

Another dSLR newbie

I have been shooting with three K1000 bodies and an assortment of hand-me-down lenses for over 20 years. I love these oldies. However, good film and quality processing (other than my own) is becoming harder to find. I have been researching systems for over six months and have narrowed the choice to Pentax and one other. Both have cameras that feel good in hand. I would prefer the Pentax K5, but looking into the K7, K20 and Kr (budget) as to keep the oldies alive. I am hoping the forum community can help provide the advice and answers needed as the closest retailer for Pentax is an hour away and their staff pushes other systems heavily and do not seem well informed. Sincere Thanks in advance.
03-29-2011, 11:25 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by art2d2 Quote
Hey Bob, welcome. I'm in Beijing as well. I also just got my K-5 2 weeks ago from Wukesong.
hi art2d2, interesting we live in the same city and met here at cyber space. nice to know you!
03-29-2011, 11:48 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BugsAunt Quote
I have been shooting with three K1000 bodies and an assortment of hand-me-down lenses for over 20 years. I love these oldies. However, good film and quality processing (other than my own) is becoming harder to find. I have been researching systems for over six months and have narrowed the choice to Pentax and one other. Both have cameras that feel good in hand. I would prefer the Pentax K5, but looking into the K7, K20 and Kr (budget) as to keep the oldies alive. I am hoping the forum community can help provide the advice and answers needed as the closest retailer for Pentax is an hour away and their staff pushes other systems heavily and do not seem well informed. Sincere Thanks in advance.
Hi, k7 and k5 are about same league, share most of features, k5 has newer cmos with more pixels and better high iso performance but they are not identical in most of uses. for two third of price, i guess you should look at k7. k20 is old stock as it has long discontinued, kr has more plastics and not weatherproof which may not be in good shape for 20 yrs.
03-30-2011, 12:11 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K5 has highest dxo mark rating of any pentax dslr currently available while k7 has the lowest. I wouldn't advise buying a k7 for this reason.

03-30-2011, 08:30 AM   #9
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ybcnd Quote
hi art2d2, interesting we live in the same city and met here at cyber space. nice to know you!
Yeah, nice to meet you too. If you wanna go out to shoot, let me know by PM. Its good to meet up with another Pentaxian here in Beijing. So far I only met a few local Pentaxians here.
04-28-2011, 10:29 PM   #10

And here is one more Pentaxian in Beijing. See my first post here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/welcomes-introductions/142104-hello-beijing-china.html