Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-29-2011, 03:00 PM   #1

Unsure about digital

I have three K1000's and assorted hand- me-down lenses. Love to process own film when I can afford space rental or can squeeze into unused classroom. The forum has answered many of the questions I have encountered in six months of digital system research. The nearest Pentax retailer is an hour away and not very helpful as they push towards other systems. I am leaning towards the K7 and Kr, but have not ruled out a used K20 to get my feet wet. There is one canon in the choice mix as well. Would love to keep my oldies but goodies out of the closet. Thanks for all the info you as a community have already given.

03-29-2011, 06:44 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome! The Kr and K7 are both very good cameras each with their strengths and weaknesses but you really can't go wrong with either. The K7 is a good all around camera with WR and more external controls while the Kr has better high iso performance. I personally would go for the K7 but i suggest doing a side by side comparison and weigh what options you need/want. Good luck and enjoy.
03-29-2011, 11:03 PM   #3
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum. Either camera will let you use those older lenses. Here in Vancouver I picked a camera with WR - you don't have the same rain down there, but it's also good for dust. Good luck with the decision.
03-30-2011, 07:46 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Two things

-- the digital cameras have a sensor smaller than 35mm film, film lenses have a narrower angle of view when used on digital camera (unless digital camera is expensive full-frame model).

-- Pentax bayonet mount lenses when adapted to Canon cameras mount with top of lens about 45 degrees offset from top of camera so rear portions of lens will fit into mirror box.