Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-31-2011, 09:07 PM   #1

Hello all, Charles here

Older and novice at 63 (a few days ago) I ordered my first dslr yesterday so I may need all you young & smart tech guys in the next year. I did not plan on ordering a Pentax (all the reviews I read stated an older SONY was better for sports photography) but I came across a deal too good not to try. In searching sites I got directed to "TECHNOOUTLET.com (thru Unbeatable sale") and they had a PENTAX K-5 w/DAL 18-55 lens for $874.77. Since the K-5 specs/reviews reflect that it matches the SONY a550/a560 for fps & ability to capture action/sports I ordered it. I have made it through the last 10 years of the kids (4) sports (soccer, volleyball, football, etc.) with what most novice photographers use (Cannon, Panasonic, Casio & Pentax) long-zoom point & shoots so I thought it was time to live dangeroously and try a real dslr. I read some of the entries here first and seems like there is a lot of knowledge and help and I will probably need a lot of that. It seems that even if I really get a new K-5 I may already have a problem (re: problems addressed here) so will be reading a lot more in preparation. In any event, it's good to have a forum and knowledge available and I hope all here have a blessed day.

03-31-2011, 10:51 PM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome, cbal2011! At 60 I just got a Pentax K r and I am really enjoying it! The people here are very nice and helpful. You are going to have a great time!
04-01-2011, 12:40 AM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Charles.

I hope technooutlet.com are legit as this camera currently retails at greater than $1300. In any case, if you get yourself a good K-5 for that price, you're very fortunate.

Enjoy the forum and your photography.
04-01-2011, 03:27 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, Charles. I agree with what Ash said. I
hope it works out for you.

04-04-2011, 11:02 PM   #5
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi, and welcome, Charles. I can't claim to be young and techy, as I'm also 63 and have only had my camera a few months. This forum has been a great source of info and help to me, so I know you too will find any help needed.
04-06-2011, 08:01 PM   #6

Hello, I'm new to the forums but have had a passion for photography for many years. I'm still feeling my way around here, but hope to get to know many of you a possible learn a thing or two.