Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2011, 05:25 PM   #1

Hello from Michigan!

Hello,

I'm a novice photographer. I have an ME Super 35mm camera that I used back in the early 80s. I put it away when the first digital point and shoot cameras came out. Recently I decided that I missed the effects and control you can get with an SLR. So, I purchased a new K-x with a smc-DAL 18-55mm lens. I haven't had much time to play with it yet but I'm finding the features look pretty cool.

I have a question regarding the compatibility of my old ME Super lenses with my new K-x; does anyone have a suggestion for wich forum would be best?

Thanks,

Steve

04-02-2011, 11:29 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard, Steve! I would suggest the lens forum here:Pentax SLR Lens Discussion - PentaxForums.com

For a quick answer (if this is your question), your old ME lenses should fit the K-x. However, please search for "Ricoh Pin" here in the forum or Google before mounting the old lenses to your K-x. Cheers!
04-02-2011, 11:38 PM   #3
Ash

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Steve.
All your lenses should be able to both fit on your K-x and take pictures with them as you would have with your ME.
Enjoy the forum and your K-x.
04-03-2011, 02:55 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, they (lenses) should all fit with varying levels of functionality, just one of the joys of being a Pentax owner.

04-04-2011, 10:32 PM   #5
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi, and welcome, Steve. I'm a novice too, and it sure helped to find all of the great info available here. One great source of info ishttps://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/110657-how-use-manua...7-k-x-etc.html
Enjoy the forum.
04-05-2011, 07:47 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks for the kind welcome and tips!

I have two Vivitar lenses I used with my old ME Super a 35-200mm zoom and a 24mm. I can attach the zoom lens but it seems to snag and I'm affraid it may damage the camera. I can't attach the 24 mm lens at all.

I purchased the K-x with the 18-55 auto focus lens. So, I'm thinking I will ditch my old zoom and will purchase new AF zoom.

-Steve
04-05-2011, 09:12 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve93Ginny Quote
I'm thinking I will ditch my old zoom and will purchase new AF zoom.

-Steve
Steve - I highly recommend the Pentax DA 55-300mm. It is perhaps one of the best bang for buck zooms currently available.

04-05-2011, 09:44 PM   #8
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Steve - All of my screwmounts - Takumars, my 75-205 Vivitar and 400 Soligor - fit on my Pentax adapter just fine, and all mount okay. I've heard that having a genuine Pentax adapter is a good idea, and that is all I've had. I also quite like my DA 18-135. It is reasonably fast, has good range, and has a great AF.
04-08-2011, 01:21 PM   #9
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve93Ginny Quote
Thanks for the kind welcome and tips!

I have two Vivitar lenses I used with my old ME Super a 35-200mm zoom and a 24mm. I can attach the zoom lens but it seems to snag and I'm affraid it may damage the camera. I can't attach the 24 mm lens at all.

I purchased the K-x with the 18-55 auto focus lens. So, I'm thinking I will ditch my old zoom and will purchase new AF zoom.

-Steve
Welcome aboard Steve..

You're 24mm, assuming it's a K mount (not screw mount), this is common and fixable. Compare the black flange on the rear of the lens to that on your kit lens. Remove everything from the 24 that you do not see on the kit lens (black flange).