Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2011, 07:17 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hello, from Tampa Bay!

Im Scott. I live in Tampa. more about that later. I shoot with canons EOS systems so I can switch glass betwwen my digital and film bodies. I have been thrilled with vintage glass and sold almost all of my canon lens to obsessively use old time manual stuff. My favorite, of course has been the m42 mount.
I am an artist who paints like a photographer...then I shoot pix of my paintings, and since then, about everything else. I shoot pictures to look like paintings. I pretty much do not use flash. As I have had to scrabble everything I have together and learn in it in a rudimentary way. So, I have had some lucky discoveries to fuel my passion and persuit.
on the bucket list this year...
a visual blog about my camera hackings
photos posted on said blog
a way to get more of my photos on peoples refrigerators
by learning the best ay to format the files of my work, besides facebook
making prints and canvas more available
using this somehow to fuel the purchase of a full frame and DVslr
and some great macro lens (komine 1:1, MP e65)
and learn a lot of stuff I dont know yet.

I think this site has helped me so many times and I respectfully join the ranks... I picked a name that wasnt taken yet. lol My real name is Scott

peace & respect!

04-03-2011, 06:03 AM   #2

Welcome & you have some nice shots in you Album.
04-03-2011, 10:54 PM   #3
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi, and welcome, Scott. I'm sure that like me, you'll get lots of help from the forum. Love to see more FL shots.
04-04-2011, 07:13 AM   #4

Original Poster
@ Dan, thank you. with 16,000 in my iPhoto, 4200 in aperture and 100's of files on my mac, it is hard to be proficient with what to upload- let alone organize.

@ Arnie, hi, & thanks.

So Where Can I buy some of your all lenses. ( this is my true reason to join.) Im tired of the ebay routine, getting up to the end then the auction is pulled or Im outbid or the stuff has "problems" when I get it.
also, wher eto go to get the info on tearing into these defective lenses to make them work again? ( I have purchased FOUR that would seem decent if I could make some what seems to be minor repair....

04-04-2011, 12:23 PM   #5
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Scott, I did a fair bit of research in terms of which lenses I thought I'd like to get. I wanted a couple of new, fast AF lenses, but I also wanted to relearn to shoot with the older manual lenses. Then there were two other points - cost, the old lenses are affordable, and quality, some of them are really highly rated pieces of glass. I searched locally (craigslist, etc.), through camera shop inventories - there is a good Canadian index at ACE Index: Canada Camera Stores, Mail Order Photo Equipment, Used Cameras, and here in the Marketplace The Pentax Marketplace | Sell Pentax | Photographic Equipment for Sale - PentaxForums.com.
I've bought two lenses from the forum, and got a few in the classic "$150 box of stuff".
Should have my new (to me) 12-24 this week. Good luck with your search.