Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2011, 07:57 PM   #1
Forum Member

Switched from m4/3 to K5 system

Hello everyone,

I've been using a m4/3 system to compliment my Leica M system for AF and video work but the limits of using an EVF and smaller sensor opened my eyes to the K5. This forum has been helpful in picking out lenses for my new system. I'm still waiting for everything to arrive next week. Looking forward to sharing images and getting more familiar with the community!

Mark

My Flickriver

04-02-2011, 08:04 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! Bet you can't wait till the package comes in!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-02-2011, 08:11 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Welcome! Bet you can't wait till the package comes in!
Thanks Adam! I must have checked UPS tracking info 10 times already.

btw--since you are an admin, I just saw that link to B and H where one gets free Marketplace access with a purchase. Does my purchase of a 31 and 77 from them yesterday count, though it was not directed through the forums? i can pm you order numbers if that can work?
04-02-2011, 08:14 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

No, unfortunately B&H doesn't do retroactive credit. Only your future orders will count.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-04-2011, 10:25 PM   #5
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi Mark, and welcome. I too have a tracking number for a new lens that is on the way, so I know the feeling of waiting. Enjoy all the help here.
04-05-2011, 03:11 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Arn Quote
Hi Mark, and welcome. I too have a tracking number for a new lens that is on the way, so I know the feeling of waiting. Enjoy all the help here.
Thanks for the welcome Arn! I just got my 31 and 77 today. All I can say is wow! They really come close to some of my Leica M lenses in build quality. The images also remind me of the classic look of some of my 80's Leica glass (Walter Mandler design). Sharp but smooth, without that harsh clinical look. Very impressed so far.

Enjoy your K5! Oh and what a shutter sound...like a whisper!
04-07-2011, 04:27 PM   #7

Wide angle

I ordered the exact same two lenses from B&H as well. I LOVE the quality and build, although it seems that the 31mm is a bit on the short end, need something wider. I am thinking of the 21m or the 12-22mm.

04-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #8
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just got my 12-24! I think I'm going to love it.