Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2011, 04:22 PM   #1

greetings for Sydney, Oz

hi to all,

should have been on this forum a very long time ago considering how long I have owned Pentax cameras. But only just found it a few days ago.

Total non-professional photographer. Do a lot of storm chasing photography here in Australia and also in the USA when money allows. A lot of macro work with electronics circuit boards, and of course the obligitory holiday/family snaps.

Just getting into studio type lighting experimentation. just for fun at home.
been buying up floodlights from hardware stores .... very cheap... paining the insides of black umbrellas silver just keen to see what can be achieved on a budget and learn about lighting, camera settings etc

cheers
Dave

04-03-2011, 05:51 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum..Dave!
04-04-2011, 09:19 AM   #3

Hello! Welcome, I'm new as well
04-04-2011, 09:51 PM   #4
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi, and welcome to the forum, Dave. I've only had my Pentax for a few months, but this forum has sure been a big help. I know you too will enjoy it.

04-04-2011, 10:13 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Hello, welcome from another Sydney sider. I too have been contemplating painting my old K10D silver to make it look like a silver K5. Any tips?
04-05-2011, 12:52 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by selar Quote
Hello, welcome from another Sydney sider. I too have been contemplating painting my old K10D silver to make it look like a silver K5. Any tips?
interesting thought haha personally I wouldnt, just think .. if your were going to sell it wouldnt you prefer to sell it as original ?

Thanks for all the welcomes guys, appreciated.
been photographing for over 40 yrs my first camera was a kodak.. Box Brownie had a number of various film cameras over the years including a couple of Pentax's.
My 2 DSLR pentax's are the K10D and the K7 The K5 was close to coming out but the shops couldnt give me an arrival time, so I got the K7 that ws last August

cheers
Dave
04-05-2011, 01:00 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by selar Quote
interesting idea haha personally I wouldnt, I would always want to leave it as original as possible for resale value.

Thanks everyone for the replys
I have been an amateur photographer for over 40 years, my first camera was a good ol' kodak box brownie

cheers
Dave

04-05-2011, 04:43 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Where do you do storm chasing in Oz?