Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2011, 08:50 AM   #1

Hello from Newark Delaware

Hi my name is John and I'm from Newark Delaware. Photography has been an on and off again hobby of mine since the late 1970s. I recently purchased a K-5 18-55 kit and I basically love the camera. The low light capabilities are amazing. This is my first DSLR and my first new SLR in 30 years. For the last few years I've been migrating up through the ranks of point and shoot cameras. My last camera was a Panasonic FZ-50 12x (now my Wife's camera, great lens, mediocre sensor).I mostly like to photograph nature and landscapes.

As much as I love my K-5 I was one of the unfortunate people to get one with a bad sensor. At first I thought it was a dust or dirt spot and something I could take care of. I couldn't get rid of the mark so I researched the problem and found this forum. The largest spot is noticeable in the sky portion of 1/3 horizon landscape photos at f5.6 and above, so I need to get it replaced. I'm hoping to work this out with Adorama where I bought my K-5, because it seems like dealing directly with Pentax will take a lot more time to get a replacement... and Spring is really starting to pop around here.

04-04-2011, 11:38 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum, lonls. Sorry to hear about your K5. I believe we have an "Adorama Customer Ambassador" here in the forum by the name of Helen Oster. She may be able to assist you with your K5 issues.
Good Luck!
04-04-2011, 12:41 PM   #3
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi, and welcome, John. Sorry to hear about your sensor - comments here on the forum have indicated good success with the warranty and replacement, so you'll hopefully have a quick resolution.
04-04-2011, 03:43 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the welcome... I'm sure that my next K-5 will be almost perfect and I look forward to viewing and sharing photos and info in this forum.

04-04-2011, 06:40 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey, don't I know you from somewhere? Welcome to the dark side, lol.