Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2011, 11:04 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Mr_Canuck goes from Mr_Sony to Mr_Pentax

Hi from Cranbrook, BC, Canada. So far, the Pentax Forum is proving every bit as valuable as dyxum was as a Sony-Minolta-ite. It also seems to be swarming with fellow Canadians. Hose off, eh.

I do a lot of everything with my photography but one important thing is to take it with me wherever I go. I like the compactness of the K5 and the limited lenses, so I'm about to buy a kit that's light, small and quiet. Oh, and my local small-town camera shop actually carries Pentax! Looking forward to posting shots once I have it in my hands.

04-07-2011, 11:29 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Hey Mr Canuck!

BC seems to be Pentax central. Great shot btw...looking forward to seeing more.
04-08-2011, 10:50 AM   #3
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi, Mr Canuck. Welcome to the forum - great help and info here. I'll look forward to seeing more shots of the Rockies and the Cranbrook area. You might want to join a couple of the groups available at All Groups - PentaxForums.com
04-09-2011, 08:45 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome, Mr. Canuck! I'm all of an hour and a half East of you. Keep your eyes open for an upcoming Elizabeth Lake all artists contest/show. It should be announced in the new Snap magazine. Right at this moment, until April 16, The Fernie Arts Coop is on display in the Key City Gallery, upstairs at the theatre. We'll be in the next issue. I have two shots in the show - gallery wraps 16x24". Say hello to Brian at Cranbrook Photo. Good people there.

04-14-2011, 07:19 AM   #5

Original Poster
Kootenay clickers

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Welcome, Mr. Canuck! I'm all of an hour and a half East of you. Keep your eyes open for an upcoming Elizabeth Lake all artists contest/show. It should be announced in the new Snap magazine. Right at this moment, until April 16, The Fernie Arts Coop is on display in the Key City Gallery, upstairs at the theatre. We'll be in the next issue. I have two shots in the show - gallery wraps 16x24". Say hello to Brian at Cranbrook Photo. Good people there.
Hi Canada_Rockies, indeed we are close by! Thanks for the notice of the event. Brian is a great guy, was talking to him the other day. Will try and get a look at the photos at Key City. /Jeff
04-14-2011, 07:25 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, bc is indeed pentax central in canada though there are a few of us east of the rockies
04-14-2011, 08:22 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Jeff, I'll be coming to Cranbrook Saturday 16th to pick up art work. Maybe we could fine a Timmy's and have a chat? Maybe even meet at the theater.