Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2011, 08:41 AM   #1

Hello from the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Though new to this forum I have been a participant on Steve’s Digicams for many years. I have had three Pentax DSLR's starting with the ist*D, the K100D, and now the K-r. I started out in photography with an ME Super film SLR that I used for many years. When I decided to set aside my Fuji 602 and get my first DSLR using my experience and trust of my ME Super Pentax was the natural and for me the correct choice. I got my K-r in St. Thomas Virgin Islands at a great deal with the two lens kit, 18-55 & 50-200 along with two filters, a 4 gig memory card, and camera bag for less than anything I had seen price wise here in the states. Upon my return I sold my K100D so my K-r is my number one camera. I have also purchased the Pentax 18-135 zoom and this is my go to lens. In fact I only keep the 50-200 in the bag as I don’t have a real need for the 18-55. There haven’t been a lot of good camera days here in Virginia yet but from what I can tell so far the K-r is a great step up and a worthy camera.

04-09-2011, 10:07 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome. Looking forward to some photos. You live in a beautiful part of the country. I don't have a Kr ( got the cameras on both sides ) but from
what I read you have made an excellent choice.