Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2011, 10:49 AM   #1

Hey, from London, UK!

Hello all!

I'm a bit of a baby here on this forum (still a teen!) and thought it was the least I could do to sign up after all of the help everyone on this site has given me. In the next 6 months I'm going to buy a K-r and much to my embarassment I've (already) succumbed to the beginnings of LBA- snagging a cheap manual lens on eBay!

(Oh, the shame...)

Well, you may be hearing more of me when I've saved up to get my dSLR, to put up some shots!

~Fey

04-09-2011, 03:39 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome. That's serious LBA, buying the lens before the camera. You picked a excellent camera to buy. Was in England in 2001. Spent 5-6 days in London and fell in love with your city. Trying to go back next year.
04-09-2011, 03:52 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome!
04-10-2011, 08:34 AM   #4
fey

Original Poster
LOL! I guess buying that manual lens made having the k-r seem more real to me. Now I know that I'll have my Pentax and I'm thrilled to bits! *insert mid-teen happy dance*

Thanks for the welcomes! I agree London is a great city, as long as you stay away from the shady parts :P

04-14-2011, 08:34 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forum, good spot for people with LBA just haunt Portobello and Spitafields and you'll find plenty of places to drop a pound or 2 on lenses (I came home from a visit last october with a 10 pound M50 f1.7 from portobello)
Great city lived there for a long poverty struck winter (76-77) as a teen
There's shady parts? meh not that i ever had issues with safer than many big US cities
04-14-2011, 02:24 PM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, what exactly are you doing with lens just now.

Must be as frustrating as hell, to have a paperweight.
04-15-2011, 03:37 AM   #7
fey

Original Poster
@eddie1960 thanks for the tip! That's awesome! You're gonna make me happy dance again And yes, there are shady parts where one is frightened to walk alone because of gangs and other nefarious youths, but I don't live around there anyway XD

@kerrowdown You have no idea! I got it yesterday(Ricoh Rikenon 50 f2), and was all excited and opened up the packae, checking the quality, checking the smoothness of the focus ring, checking that all arpetures worked then I put it down on my desk and it has been haunting me ever since.

Luckily, my uncle is traveling to the US in May, so I might get my K-r then, about £200 cheaper than I would over here! That thought is the only thing keeping me sane.