Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2011, 10:31 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Time to say Hello!

Well it's been just a few months since I've joined, but better late than never, I suppose.

I would like to introduce myself, my name is Cameron, and I reside in Bellingham, WA.
I first took an interest in photography about 8 years ago when I acquired my stepfather's ME Super with a Pentax-M 50mm 1.7. Though I have used and fallen in love with a few DSLR's here and there, I ultimately love film and would not give up my ME Super for anything. Really, I think it's more of the 50mm that I'm in love with. Such a beautiful lens, and I love low light photography. Developing your own film is so much fun, too. I just need to get my darkroom set up one of these days...

Though I have been shooting for a few years now, I still have yet to find a style for my photography. I still love to experiment with different techniques, and I feel that's what I like about photography so much, there's just so much room to play! Aside from my ME Super, I love playing with Polaroid land cameras or loading a roll of 35mm in my older 6x6cm cameras.

I am also an independent filmmaker. I feel that my experimentation with photography has definitely allowed me to expand with the cinematography of our films.

I suppose that's the gist of background. I'd like to thank this forum and all it's members for providing such great reading material when I have the free time to peruse through it all.

Below are a few older photo's I came across recently and would like to share with you. Probably shows my experimentation fairly well.

Here's my first attempt at a double exposure within the darkroom from college.

Here's another black and white, from college again. Did I mention I have a morbid curiousity?

Here's a double exposure I took with a Kodak Duoflex II. Self portrait.

04-09-2011, 11:23 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us.