Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2011, 04:23 AM   #1
Inactive Account

hello from Melbourne...

im jon from melbourne....hope to learn a lot from you guys...thank you...

i just a bought a used K-7 on ebay...and the camera is in near mint conditon...but what i noticed about the camera or maybe the lens i mounted..which in particular is the sigma 70-300mm apo dg macro...is that there's a grinding sound coming from the lense when zooming in and out...but if i mount the lens on my K100D super there's no such noise...i tried my other lenses and they dont make any grinding sound as the 70-300mm does on the k 7...

hope someone here can help me out...

thank you....

04-11-2011, 04:51 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Hi jon, and welcome to the Forum.

Do all the lenses you have make that noise on the K-7, or is it just the Sigma? Either way, it sounds like there's a misalignment of the drive shaft in the camera body and the mating shaft in the lens, which could be eccentricity or axial compression (ie they're not turning along the same axis of rotation, or one is pushing too hard against the other, respectively). If you're not confident about tackling the mechanics yourself (and most people wouldn't be), I'd suggest you contact the Australian service agent, C.R.Kennedy, about it. Good luck with it.

Rob
04-11-2011, 05:01 AM   #3
Forum Member

Hi jon!
04-11-2011, 12:18 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
thanks RobA...

just the sigma 70-300mm...but just like what ive said above...if i mount the 70-300mm on my K100D super it doesnt make any noise at all...ive tried all my other lenses on the K7 and they all work properly without making any noise....

hello tryphon4...

04-11-2011, 02:41 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'd suggest something on the Sigma is out of tolerance, from what you say. All mass-produced goods have to have an amount of tolerance on dimensions (otherwise, they'd be too expensive for most people to buy). I'd be checking the lens. Fortunately, Kennedy is the agent for both Pentax and Sigma, so an enquiry there would be a good start.

Last edited by RobA_Oz; 04-11-2011 at 02:42 PM. Reason: grammar