Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2011, 01:10 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Greetings from Singapore (land of K-5s priced at $1282)

Hello, everyone.
Just an eye-catching title to introduce myself.

Started off with my dad's Canon EOS 888 SLR when I was still a schooling kid.
Friend hooked me up with a cheap Canon 10D last year as a cheap trial to DSLRs after a long hiatus.
Went for a shooting competition and realized I needed a new camera.

Looked around a bit and ended up with a used red K-x for my wife (she wanted a red DSLR, for whatever reason) and a new black K-5 for myself last October (60D was a letdown, D90 was out of price range for me, Sonys were what they are, Make.Believe.Prices, the K-5 was everything I looked for in a DSLR).

(Taken with a Canon Ixus in the early morning so pardon the poor quality...)

Been stalking around this forum for awhile and registered an account last month to buy an item on sale. Only now had the courage to post in here.
But I must this is a rather great forum that had answered a lot of my initial questions.

I'm mostly into street and sports photography (the Tamron 70-200 f2.8 is my best friend right now) but now delving slowly into indoor portrait shoots.
Looking forward to getting a 18-135 WR right now.

04-14-2011, 04:16 AM   #2

1282 US$ or Singapore$ ?
04-14-2011, 06:43 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
USD$.
Its SGD$1600 here.
That translates to about USD1282.