Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-29-2007, 08:03 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hello from Bangalore

Hi!

My name is Anirban and I live in Bangalore, India. I bought a Pentax K100D recently, my first DSLR. I am using my old Pentax lenses KA, KM and M42 lenses on it with good results. I was looking for a Canon 400D but what won me over was the focus confirmation with M42 lenses, the SR and of course, the price (I paid USD 350 after rebate at BH Photo online for the body).

Wish happy photographing to you all!

Anirban

01-02-2008, 09:34 AM   #2

Hi Anirban,

May I know how you bought the camera from B&H? Did you place the order online and got it shipped to India or were you at their store personally?

I am interested in buying the K10D, but there isn't much Pentax gear available in India. I have found the sole distributor in India, but want to know how others have bought it. SInce you have bought it from US, is the International warranty honored in India?

Thanks in advance!
Subhankar
01-02-2008, 09:58 AM   #3

Nice to know that the number of those using Pentax DSLR is increasing slowly in India.
01-02-2008, 10:10 AM   #4

Hi skamaraju!

May I know where did you buy your gear from? I cant seem to find a decent place to buy Pentax. I am based in Kolkata. Also, did you buy it with/without warranty?

Regards,
Subhankar

01-16-2008, 12:42 AM   #5

Photos: Albums
+1. I am also looking to replace my PZ1p film SLR with Digital. Either Pentax K10d or Samsung GX10. I might have to ask a friend to get one from USA and bring it when he comes to India
01-16-2008, 03:02 AM   #6

Hi Siva!

Pentax is now offcially available in India with warranty. Contact details are here :

www.idldpl.com

These guys are the official distributors in India. They sell in two options, with/without warranty. K10D with papers is around 45K and without papers is 35K along with kit lens. You won't find samsung GX10 here and I would not recommend it. "Pentax" on the camera looks better

Good luck!

Subhankar
01-16-2008, 07:48 AM   #7

Hi!

Good to know I have company in India too. Welcome to those of you who are new. You will enjoy and learn from this forum.

Lets put Pentax on the Indian map.

Cheers!

Tasha
01-20-2008, 08:47 AM   #8

Photos: Albums
Shubankar, good to know about IDLDPL. If in case we buy from USA, will they honor any international warranty?
Recently, I had fungal attack on my (favorite) 28-70/4 Pentax lens. I gave it for repair at a local shop (Deendayal, Bangalore). Not only the messed up the lens when reassembling, they still havent kept up the promise of a replacement lens.
So, I was thinking of getting a K10D with a mid range zoom (18-55??) lens.

01-20-2008, 10:26 AM   #9

Hi! All,
Let me know if you would be interested in some of the lenses I want to get rid of. I'd rather save on the shipping by selling in India.

Picasa Web Albums - Paul Benjamin - Lenses for sale

the F50mm 1.7, F 70-210mm,50mm Macro are sold.
01-20-2008, 11:33 PM   #10

Hi Siva!

QuoteOriginally posted by siva.ss.kumar Quote
Shubankar, good to know about IDLDPL. If in case we buy from USA, will they honor any international warranty?
Recently, I had fungal attack on my (favorite) 28-70/4 Pentax lens. I gave it for repair at a local shop (Deendayal, Bangalore). Not only the messed up the lens when reassembling, they still havent kept up the promise of a replacement lens.
So, I was thinking of getting a K10D with a mid range zoom (18-55??) lens.
I don't think IDLDPL will honor the warranty if you don't buy it from them. IDLDPL will send cameras to the Pentax authorized service center in Delhi in case you have bought from them. But I guess you should call them up and verify yourself.

Best of Luck!

Subhankar
02-11-2008, 03:54 AM   #11
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tasha_22 Quote
Hi! All,
Let me know if you would be interested in some of the lenses I want to get rid of. I'd rather save on the shipping by selling in India.

Picasa Web Albums - Paul Benjamin - Lenses for sale

the F50mm 1.7, F 70-210mm,50mm Macro are sold.

Hi I,m Interested in buying few lenses can you please provide specs & price

Do you have the 50mm/1.4 still with you?