Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-30-2007, 07:37 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
greetings from Hull~~england

hi every one, i am new to this forum , but have had a good browse , and i think i will find everything i could want to know from a lot of very knowledgeable users, at th moment i have a k 10d and i love it, i use an 18-200 Tamron lens AND HAVE JUST BOUGHT A PENTAX SMC 300MM F/4 LENS, AND NOW I WILL TRY TO FIND A FAST VIVITAR MACRO, THEN I WILL BE LET LOOSE TO PICK ALL OF YOUR BRAINS, HE HE, ANYWAY GREETINGS TO ALL.

PS DOES ANYONE EVER GET FED UP OF OPENING PHOTO MAGS, AND ALL THE PICS AND ARTICLES RELATE TO CANON OR NIKON, ARE THESE THE ONLY BRANDS OF CAMERA ON TODAYS MARKET.................BYE FOR NOW AND TAKE CARE KC

10-30-2007, 08:41 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum, jezuit.

It sounds like you have a good little kit going there. I'm desirous of getting a little more reach myself.

As for the camera mags... no... that doesn't bother me. I've pretty much dismissed the brand games and now zero in on what I can learn about photography... pure and simple. Whether a series were taken with brand N or brand C means very little to me. What I want to know is how the images were made so that I can develop my own skills with my own brand of choice: Pentax.
10-30-2007, 01:01 PM   #3

Original Poster
yes James but would it not be nice also to see your particular camera of choice, and in depth lessons and tricks that you dont already know, the pentax manual isnt so in depth with k 10d, and in uk i have found no outlets for alternative manuals, i my self had a nikon d70 and did not fall head over heals for it like i did for the k 10d, love at first touch.
yet when i had the nikon every magazine i picked up extolled its virtues.
anyway James thanks for mail time for tea.~~~~~~~~~~~ KC
10-30-2007, 08:54 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Sure, I suppose you're right. It doesn't really bother me but it would be nice. We found a great book called: Pentax k10d Magic Lantern Guides by Peter K. Burian. You can get it through Amazon.

All the best.