Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2011, 08:50 PM   #1

New Forum member from Vancouver Island

Hello to Everyone!

Well, what can I say, but this is such an honor to be allowed a part on this forum! I have loved photography for over 30 years, and have shot on a film SLR for most of them. I admit that I succumbed to the "instant" camera as I raised my family, however I never gave up on my SLR and would grab for it often. Now I have entered the digital age and am totally amazed at what can be done digitally. Wow! To be able to see a shot, decide to keep it or let it go... I would have never dreamed it possible! I have started this new era in a modest way, by deciding on a K-x with a 2 lens kit. I'm not ashamed to admit that this will be enough to keep me guessing for awhile! And I still grab for my film SLR whenever I am in need of comfort.

Thanks to all of you for your amazing insights and expertise! However... I am staying up WAY TOO LATE reading them all... but please keep them coming!!

04-21-2011, 08:56 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard!
04-21-2011, 09:17 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good to have you here.
There are lots of experienced photographers here from the film era, and there is even a dedicated film SLR subforum here if you're interested.
Enjoy your time researching here, and your photography.
The K-x is a fine little tool.
04-21-2011, 10:08 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard! There are a few of us here on the island or in Vancouver that still shoot film. Looking forward to seeing some pics!

04-21-2011, 10:54 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ah, film, the good old days!

Welcome aboard. Once you get used to the camera, you will know how useful shooting film and using the older cameras will shorten your learning curve!

Regards,