Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2011, 06:50 AM   #1

Roll on thursday!

Hi all. Seems the place to be for ideas and insperation, great photos here.
I have been taking photos for a while now with various cameras and makes. The last camera i bought was a canon G10 and have been fustrated by it so much i have lost interest in taking photos as it does not do what i need it to do. So i gave myself a budget for a proper camera of 500 and spent many evenings reading all i could about canons ect in that range. I read a review about the Kr and that inpired me to look at pentax, had an Me super many years ago and didnt realize that a Pentax could compete with the big two. I am now in trouble with the wife after blowing my buget and going for what i hope will be a new lease of life for my hobbie, so exited. My new baby with two lens kit arrives thursday and of to cornwall in a couple of weeks so perfect. Look forward to sharing, looking and getting advice from some great photographers here.

Thanks, Jim (another one).

04-25-2011, 06:56 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! If I understand correctly you are getting a k-r, a nice unit.
If you have any of the lenses from that ME still, you can use those with the camera.
Enjoy, and beware " blowing the budget" may happen again with all the tempting lenses available
04-25-2011, 07:54 AM   #3

Original Poster
Sorry to not make my point about the budget, bought the K-5 with 2 lens kit! so budget is gone. Been reading about the 28mm prime and i do like to take street the city scenes so i guess i should start saving. I sold my old primes (stupid boy) on the bay about two months ago. Doh.
Thanks for the welcome.

jim
04-25-2011, 08:48 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Oh, the K-5, yes, a budget killer indeed.
You won't regret it, I love mine
Sorry about the old primes, you may need to start poking around the second hand shops when the budget recovers!
Enjoy!

04-25-2011, 08:44 PM   #5
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi, and welcome, Jim. Isn't that K-5 great? Love to see some shots from your art of the world, and the holiday in Cornwall. Enjoy!
04-26-2011, 10:09 AM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks Arn. Spent a great few weeks on Vancouver island a few years back. . . oh the memories.